North Miami, FL October 17, 2019 — Jewish Community Services of South Florida ( JCS) is one of the oldest, largest and most respected human service agencies in Miami, serving everyone regardless of race, religion, age or sexual orientation.
Hop into our time machine and get ready to kick-off a celebration that only comes once every 100 years, JCS’ Centennial! Dress in 1920’s inspired attire and join us for a roaring 20’s themed evening. Guests will enjoy cocktails, gourmet food stations, and live entertainment, all invoking the 1920’s.
Location: Paradise Plaza (Design District) | 151 Northeast 41st Street Miami, FL 33137
Date: Saturday – Nov 9, 2019
Time: 7:30 pm to late
“Since 1920 JCS has been committed to helping transform people’s lives for the better. Generations of children, families and elderly have depended on us, and we have always adapted to the challenges we faced as a community such as world war, hurricanes, influx of new immigrants and the boom and bust cycles of South Florida. 100 Years of Care, 100 Years of Compassion, 100 Years of Community – that’s JCS” said Abe Rudman, JCS Chairman of the Board.
JCS impacts our entire community regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orientation:
JCS 211 Miami Crisis & Information Hotline
- 91,216 Calls, texts and chats answered
- 103,419 referrals for service to 500+ agencies that improve – and save – lives
JCS Kosher Meals on Wheels
- 216,000 meals delivered to homebound seniors in Miami-Dade
JCS Behavioral Health
- 10,000 counseling sessions conducted by JCS therapists, assisting more than 800 people of all ages
JCS Holocaust Survivor Support Services
- 600+ Survivors receive comprehensive services to ensure independent living
JCS Youth & Family
- 316 LGBTQ youth receive support and counseling in collaboration with 25 schools in Miami-Dade county
JCS Kosher Food Bank
- 380 families and nearly 100 Holocaust survivors provided with supplemental food
Jewish Community Services’ mission is to improve the quality of life and self-sufficiency of the Jewish and broader communities throughout South Florida in accordance with Jewish values. Since 1920, Jewish Community Services of South Florida has remained true to its original mission of providing exemplary human services through compassionate and comprehensive programs that promote health and productivity. JCS is a Beneficiary Agency of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, and an Impact Partner of United Way of Miami-Dade. For more information, please visit www.JCSFL.org or call 305.576.6550.