“Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than belong: participate.”
William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)
Are you looking for a meaningful activity to do with your family, trying to find new professional or personal relationships or do you have spare time and not sure what to do? JCS has many volunteer activities and groups to get involved with. Find your interest and follow your heart:
JCS Senior Meal Sites
- Help serve lunch to seniors.
- Teach a skill (singing, reading, yoga, etc.) prior to lunch.
With five locations in Miami Dade, these Monday-Friday lunch visits are suitable for individuals, families or corporate groups.
JCS Two’s Company
- Become a friendly visitor to a lonely Holocaust Survivor.
- Attend a luncheon 3-4 per year for all volunteers and friendly Survivors part of JCS Two’s Company.
Level 2 fingerprints required. Flexible visit schedule. Long lasting friendships.
JCS Kosher Food Bank
- Volunteer at our warehouse and assist in unpacking pallets, stocking shelves, assisting shoppers, bagging groceries etc.…
- Volunteer to pick up donated goods and deliver to the Kosher Food Bank as needed.
- Become a Birthday Club volunteer.
Bar/Bat or any Birthday Mitzvah Project Guide to Benefit the Kosher Food Bank
Add meaning to your milestone and share your special day with the JCS Kosher Food Bank! Let us help you get started! Email us with your Name, Date of your Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Email, Phone Number & the Name of your synagogue so we can get in touch with you!
- Run a food drive to collect items and ask your guests to bring them to your Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Come visit the Food Bank with your collected items and stock the shelves.
- Please ensure that all food items are listed with a kosher symbol, Ex:
- Make it personal! Non-food items are appreciated as well. Examples include:
- Mishloach Manot Packages for Purim
- Gluten Free Food Items
- Tu B’shvat packages
- Pesach/Passover food
- Chanukah gifts
- Toiletry Packages
- Birthday in a Basket
- Breakfast items for Seniors
- “Souper”Bowl- compile soup ingredients in mason jars
- Cleaning baskets
- Backpacks/school supplies for back to school
- Make it fun! Plan a scavenger hunt at your local grocery store or Target, we are happy to help with the clues. Have your guests purchase items for the food bank and then deliver them to the Food Bank to stock the shelves.
- In lieu of flowers, consider renting our shopping cart centerpieces. Let your guests know that you have chosen to make a donation to the Kosher Food Bank in honor of your Bar/Bat Mitzvah in lieu of floral centerpieces.
- Teach a class to developmentally disabled adults.
- Run a toiletry drive for homebound seniors, including adult diapers or small microwave ovens.
- Sponsor a senior’s 90+ birthday party.
- Pen pal program between seniors/students.
- Make a difference and participate with your family at a signature event.
- Leadership roles available.
- List of upcoming events: https://jcsfl.org/events