It’s simply not possible—or practical— for many mental health organizations and crisis centers to offer round-the-clock call coverage. They’re often forced to rely on operators or “listeners” on overnight and weekend shifts—or redirect calls—simply for economic reasons.
Switchboard is there when you can’t be.
Many organizations count on JCS’ Switchboard services when they’re not available. Calls are answered by trained, licensed counselors just as they’d be answered by your qualified staff. Callers never know that another party is involved and are not directed out of your system—they remain within your organization.
How we work
In addition to handling many types of crises, our trained, licensed counselors can:
- Contact local emergency services
- Refer callers to resources of your choice
- Place follow-up calls
- Provide detailed reports of calls
Highly trained counselors
Our counselors are not merely “operators” and are never volunteers. Many hold degrees in psychology, social work, counseling, and other disciplines. Counselors are available with fluency in English, Spanish, and Creole, as well as training and certifications in:
- Just in time crisis response
- Psychological first aid
- Active listening
- Rogerian counseling techniques
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- CIRS (Certified Information and Referral Specialist)
- AAS (American Association of Suicidology)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Make your next call to us.
JCS’ Switchboard services are a practical, effective way to provide 24/7 crisis coverage. To learn more about how you can maximize safety without maxing out your budget, contact us today.