Get Inspired! Get Involved!
As a compassionate and concerned member of our community, you can substantially contribute to JCS in several ways. If you have a big heart and a little time, please consider giving some of each to one of these initiatives. Make a significant impact in our community through our:
- JCS Alliance – adults, ages 22 to 39, interact socially while participating in activities and projects that benefit JCS clients.
- JCS Kosher Food Bank Support Group – help raise resources to feed the hungry, whether by obtaining ‘in-kind’ donations or through contributions.
- JCS Shalom Bayit ‘Circle of Peace’ – join those fighting domestic abuse by participating in JCS’ efforts that support victims and their children.
- Yehi Ohr – participate in developing initiatives that bring JCS’ culturally-sensitive services to the South Florida Orthodox Jewish community.
Community Outreach Activities
- Milk & Honey and Matzah Mitzvah & More: serve as a volunteer.
- Host a Parlor Meeting that introduces JCS’ contributions in the community to friends and neighbors.
Community Liaison Program
- As a “point person” at your synagogue, child’s school or other organization, participate with leadership to:
- educate its membership (e.g. social action committee, women’s groups, parent-teacher organizations)
- coordinate JCS outreach efforts (e.g. educational programs)
- introduce JCS services (e.g. counseling, housekeeping and home care) at Shabbat services or other venues
Two’s Company Program
- Become a member of Two’s Company, a program that matches volunteers with seniors who need a friend and a helping hand. Your companionship can lift someone’s spirits as you:
- Drive clients to and from doctors’ appointments or to special events.
- Take homebound clients to the supermarket, or shop for them.
- Visit with homebound clients for conversation and companionship.
- Read to someone with a vision impairment.
- Share mutual interests, crafts or hobbies.
- Maintain regular phone contact.
Other Senior Programs
- Deliver holiday food baskets to, and visit with, homebound seniors during Matzah Mitzvah & More and Milk & Honey events.
- Entertain or participate in group activities at the Miami Beach Senior Center.
- Serve lunch at a congregate meal site or Miami Beach Senior Center.
Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Assist JCS staff by helping supervise clients during educational day trips or recreational outings.
To make a difference in someone’s life, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 305.672.8080 or email@example.com.